Hermione Granger is the ultimate best friend. Not only is she an integral part of Harry and Ron’s lives, she is an important character in and of herself. Without Hermione, neither Harry or Ron would’ve been able to persevere and succeed. Yet, Hermione is so much more than just Harry’s friend, or Ron’s secret love. One of the reasons that we all love Hermione is that she is an incredibly strong female character in an amazing series.
Name: Hermione Granger
What’s she like?: Hermione is the daughter of muggles who are dentists and are also extremely supportive of her after discovering that she is a witch and is invited to attend Hogwarts. Although at first she seems to be a swotty “know-it-all,” Ron and Harry befriend her and the trio become inseparable throughout their seven tumultuous years at Hogwarts.
There are so many extraordinary things about Hermione. She is an incredibly intelligent, driven and disciplined person. As the series continues, we discover that she is also faithful, brave, selfless, and absolutely amazing!
Why her?: It would be true to say that without Hermione, Ron and Harry probably would not have accomplished very much. There are so many things that cause Hermione to stand out, but here are a few (with some help from my fellow Harry Potter-loving sister, Sandie):
- She took the blame for the troll running around Hogwarts
- She deduced that Professor Lupin was a werewolf
- She used her Time-Turner to help a rescue Sirius and Buckbeak
- She slugged that pureblood cad Draco Malfoy
- She nagged but then helped Ron and Harry with their homework
- She started the Society for Promotion of Elfish Welfare
- She discovered Rita Skeeter’s status as an unregistered Animagus
- She told Ron he had “the emotional range of a teaspoon”
- She was appointed as a Prefect of Gryffindor House (how could she not?)
- She was one of the co-founders of Dumbledore’s Army
- She gave Ron a good luck kiss on the cheek when he needed it before a Quidditch game
- She lured Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest
- She took a curse to the chest from a Death Eater
- She withstood Ron dating Lavender Brown
- She helped Harry search for Horcruxes
- She stayed with Harry to finish his mission, even though she thought it cost her the boy she loved
- She withstood being tortured by Bellatrix
- She gave Ron an “I friggin’ love you” kiss when they both needed it before facing their probable deaths
The list could go on and on. Suffice it to say that Hermione was never the same after meeting Harry and Ron and they, in turn, were never the same after befriending Hermione Granger. All I know is that I would love to have a friend like Hermione in my corner, with her at my side there is no limit to what we could accomplish!
What are your favorite Hermione moments?