1. ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell: When I first read E&P I knew that Rowell would become another one of my favorite authors. I don’t really need to say anything else about this book because it has won numerous awards and accolades. Suffice it to say that it’s definitely on my top ten books of all time and not just over the last 3 years.
2. JUST ONE DAY & JUST ONE YEAR by Gayle Forman: It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Gayle Forman, so anytime she writes anything, I’m on board. What’s so great about her though is that everything she writes is well worth reading. Anytime you read any of her books, you can be sure that they’re always going to be good.
3. FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell:It’s always difficult for an author to follow-up an award winning novel with another amazing book. However, Rowell did it. After E&P, she gave us Fangirl another novel filled with memorable characters and an incredible story.
4. THE LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer: This series has everything going for it. It has action, adventure, mystery, romance and humor. It is so much fun and engrossing. I’m so glad that Sandie told me about how great these books were. I can’t wait until Winter comes out.
5. INSURGENT & ALLEGIANT by Vernoica Roth: These two books that continued the Divergent series were amazing. Roth created characters and a world that is incredibly compelling. Four and Tris are two of the most captivating characters in from the last three years.
I could have easily picked my sister’s selections or 20 different books from the past three years, but here are five books I tell everyone to read, and are therefore rank among my all-time favorite YA books: THE 5th WAVE by Rick Yancey; I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson; THE LUMATERE CHRONICLES (only the final book QUINTANA OF CHARYN was released within the past three years) by Melina Marchetta; THE RAVEN BOYS series by Maggie Stiefvater; and THE SEA OF TRANQULITY by Katja Millay. You can’t go wrong with any of these books, and if you don’t love them, that’s fine (but we can’t be friends). Just kidding. Sorta.