Thanks to my multiple secret santa packages, I’ve been thinking about holiday gifts for book lovers a lot lately. One of the latest publishing trends that I can totally get behind is the idea of coloring books for adults. I’ve always been a doodler, and for the many years I worked full time, I would doodle on the margins of my agendas and meeting notes. I love the coloring book I received as a member of the On the Same Page Secret Sister project, and a friend nearly burst into tears when I gave her a coloring book and pencils for her birthday. These coloring books are a form of mindfulness and combating stress. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. HARRY POTTER COLORING BOOK: No explanation necessary other that we’re big “Harry Potter” fans in our house. One of my children is getting this under the Christmas tree this year, but I got an extra one just for meeee. It’s sold out a bunch of places, so I linked to Scholastic, which still has them in stock.
2. I HEART COLORING FLOWERS: It’s small, square and easy to store in a purse, backpack, or messenger bag. My daughter and I share this one, but I tend to use it when I’m waiting around at practices or lessons. I read too, naturally, but there’s something satisfying about coloring these flowers.
3. I LOVE MY HAIR: Andrea Pippins’ gorgeous illustrations of braids, coils, curls, and hair stretching out is beautiful and unique and representative of different kinds of hair, and the hairdos of famous real and mythological women. “The girl power stress-reliever we all needed.” –Bustle.
4. NEON COLORING BOOK: My daughter is obsessed with neon markers she has, so this is a no-brainer in our house. The illustrations have a few neon colored areas on each page. You don’t have to use neon pencils or markers to complete it, but my daughter wouldn’t have it any other way.
5. I HEART CUTE COLORING: This is perfect for tweens and young teens. I received one free and immediately got two more as birthday gifts for my 11-year-old daughter’s friends. The illustrations are of adorable and goofy little creatures and doodles.
6. DOCTOR WHO COLORING BOOK: I’m not a “Dr. Who” devotee, but I have plenty people in my life who are, and I know they’ll love this coloring book — as long as they have the perfect TARDIS blue pencil or marker! In fact, since we have an extra lying around the house, we’re giving one away!
GIVEAWAY: Just enter the Rafflecopter below (domestic only) for a chance to win the DR. WHO COLORING BOOK. It won’t arrive by Christmas, but it will be a great way to start the New Year.