1. TLR’s new regular contributors: Erin, Keely, Cassie, and Claire. Without them, I’d have little copy to post, and I’m so thankful they’ve joined the team and are as excited about teen lit as I am! Erin is a “real-life friend” I’ve known for years; Keely and I have been online friends since we were planning our weddings 15 years ago; Cassie and I met through our mutual love of Harry Potter; and Claire responded to a call for contributors. These ladies are awesome!
2. Authors who know how to write a brilliant series that doesn’t flag at the end. This year, that primarily means amazing authors like Maggie Stiefvater, Marie Rutkoski, and Leigh Bardugo.
3. Fellow book bloggers I’ve come to know and adore. Let’s start with my original Casting Call/Selective Collective squad: Brittany, Candice, Daphne, Kiki, and Tammy; local YADC bloggers like Steph, Steph, and Ashley, my favorite text-while-I-read girl Lauren, YADBC club partner Lucy, and my real-life HP sister forever, Emily.
4. OTSP Secret Sister. I love that it’s like Secret Santa meets a YA subscription box every month. I enjoy the camaraderie the hashtag offers and getting to know my sister every session. Of course, my first sister of this year was none other than Sarah, who was also the person sending to me! So, that was a hilarious win-win.
5. My professional book-review editors. I am so indebted to Regan McMahon at Common Sense Media and Vicky Smith at Kirkus for their guidance and oversight. I’m so glad I have the opportunity to write book reviews for them.